Many popular new year resolutions such as “lose 25 lbs” or “run a marathon” are actually goals, not resolutions. If there is a specific achievement it’s a goal. Permanent changes to your life are resolutions since you keep doing them every day and not just until a specific achievement is accomplished.
Here are 10 resolutions I will focus on in 2015 as I consider the many exciting personal and professional opportunities that lie ahead.
1. I will encourage and challenge our learning community to take risks, to accept failure, that sometimes accompanies risk-taking, and to power ahead in an effort to do GREAT THINGS for kids.
2. I will listen more and talk less. My learning and understanding will include listening more to the needs of students, parents, staff and community AND getting into classrooms every day.
3. I will exhaust opportunities for improved communication. Social media, weekly and monthly newsletters, phone calls home, and our school website will be used more effectively.
4. I will strive for a healthier balance of my professional and personal life. My family always comes first. My professional community will benefit from this value.
5. I will seek to empower student voice. Students know what they need to succeed. Student opportunities for questioning, feedback, surveys, and decision-making will become greater.
6. I will renew and improve my decision-making benchmark of “What’s In The Best Interest Of Kids”.
7. I will work harder at cultivating and nurturing RELATIONSHIPS. This is where it all begins.
8. I will continue to seek out new and improved learning opportunities for my students to be highly competitive and prepared in our global society.
9. I will continue to improve upon ways to share my vision to our learning community (students, staff, parents and community).
10. I will model continuous improvement to my staff and students. I will seek opportunities to share and teach others about the value of Professional Learning Networks and Social Media for educational growth.
Please share your list for 2015!