The summer of 2013 was a typical summer complete with a mini-vacation in Northern New Hampshire, trips to Hampton beach and of course professional development. Our school has used Google applications for several years. This was the summer I vowed to become more proficient with Google educational apps.
I also discovered Google Summits featuring Google for Education. This group presents Google trainings throughout the world. They have not, until recently, presented a conference in Vermont. Our High School took on the challenge of hosting the 1st Vermont Google Summit on March 28,29 and 30th, 2014. Over 200 educators from New England, Colorado, Ohio and Florida were in attendance. This successful experience is one I would love to relive with my colleagues. What’s next on our campus? How about a Vermont Edcamp 🙂
5 great reasons to host an educational conference at your school include:
1. Opportunity to Learn From Others.
2. Opportunity to share your thoughts, experiences and present workshops with others.
3. Provide a sense of community with like minded colleagues.
4. Exploit the positive qualities about your school and region.
5. Network, Network, Network!
I would love to hear about your experiences with hosting education conferences in your school!